Services by Dentists Providing Dentures in East Kankakee, IL
A healthy, attractive and beautiful smile is a manifestation of a person’s well-being, self-esteem and self-confidence. A smile is also the first form of contact that a person makes to strangers, family or friends. Sometimes a person may not enjoy smiling and socializing with other people due to their oral health and will feel embarrassed. Loss of teeth is caused by periodontal diseases, tooth decay, plaque, weakened cavities, drug abuse or injury affecting speech, their ability to eat and chew food and their self-esteem. As are result improved and modern technology in dentistry, loss of teeth has a solution.
Dentures are also known as false teeth which are used to replace missing teeth. The two types of dentures offered by dentists at Dominik Dubravec, DDS, MMSc, PC include the following:
• Partial dentures which are used to replace some of the missing teeth in a patient that are fitted on the remaining teeth preventing the others from changing positions
• Complete dentures are used on a patient who is missing all the teeth
The two types of dentures are removable, but the suction holds them into place, making them adhere to the gum of the patient.
Just like natural teeth or braces, dentures too, need proper oral health care and maintenance, because they can be a source of bad breath and infections. Dentists at Dominik Dubravec, DDS, MMSc, PC educate their patients on the following ways to care for their dentures.
• Cleaning the dentures every night using a denture paste or cream.
• Brushing the dentures daily using toothpaste to remove any food particles to avoid bad smell and infection.
• Removing the dentures overnight cleaning and soaking them in a denture solution.
• Removing and rinsing dentures after every meal.
• Schedule visits to the dentist providing Dominik Dubravec, DDS, MMSc, PC, regularly for checkups and advice.
Even with proper oral health care, dentures may need repair in case of a chipped tooth on the denture, a broken tooth or a crack due to biting hard food. The damage may require a replacement of the whole denture or just a replacement of the tooth in question. Repairing a denture depends on the severity of the damage and can take a few hours or days. In addition to denture repairs dentists at Dominik Dubravec, DDS, MMSc, PC, offer other dentistry services like fillings, implants, teeth extraction and treatment of gum diseases.