Know When to Go to an Emergency Dental Clinic in Port Orange
Routine dental appointments can be made days if not weeks in advance. But in a dental emergency you need instant medical attention. It’s best to plan ahead and find the number of an emergency dental clinic in Port Orange before you need them. It might take a bit of research to find the right clinic, and you won’t do that when you’re in pain or trying to help someone with a dental emergency.
What kinds of dental problems are deemed dental emergencies? Here are a few pointers so you can differentiate between what is a dental emergency and what can wait:
- An avulsed tooth or teeth is most definitely a dental emergency. It is when one or more teeth are completely knocked out, causing a lot of pain and bleeding. For this you need an emergency dental clinic in Port Orange that offers 24-hour emergency dental service, since its timely treatment that stands between saving your teeth or losing them for good and needing replacements.
- Another injury that calls for an emergency dental clinic is when the tooth has not been knocked loose. You might try to push the tooth back into its place, but do get in touch with an emergency dentist as soon as possible.
- A broken tooth that has partially fallen out and is not bleeding is not a dangerous emergency and can wait to be seen the next day at your regular dental clinic during working hours.
- If the broken tooth has been knocked out of position, and has a sharp edge sticking out, this is an emergency which needs to be handled immediately by an emergency dental clinic in Port Orange.
- If you have been in an accident or received a blow to your mouth or jaw, and are in severe pain, especially in your teeth, this could signal a serious emergency. It needs to be checked immediately.
- Heavily bleeding gums are another thing which calls for emergency dental clinic in Port Orange.
- Also remember that if you are experiencing severe pain, swelling, or bleeding after a tooth extraction or any other dental procedure, this too qualifies as a dental emergency.
There are all kinds of situations where you need to have a great emergency dental clinic in Port Orange. There’s no time like the present to get yourself acquainted with emergency dental services. Even better is to find a regular dental practice where you can also go for emergency dental care.
At the Cardinal Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates, offering an emergency dental clinic in Port Orange, the friendly staff and highly experienced emergency dentists will provide you with care that will send you back home smiling in no time.