The Importance of Seeking Emergency Dental Services When You Have a Gum Infection
Your gums are important for the health and protection of your teeth. When your gums are not healthy, most likely the health of your teeth will suffer. This is why taking care of the health of your gums is just as important as your teeth. You must make sure you brush your teeth properly, being careful not to use a back and forth sawing action, as this can push food particles under your gums and cause swelling and eventual Gingivitis. By brushing and flossing properly, you can keep your gums healthy. If you have neglected the health of your gums and are experiencing a gum infection, it is important for you to recognize the signs so you can seek prompt care from Advanced Dental Sedation.
What are the Signs of Infection in the Gums?
When your gums become infected, you may not notice any major signs right away. In fact, many people ignore the signs of early gum infections and disease, simply because the signs are so mild. If you notice any of the signs of infection or early gum disease, it is imperative you get to the dentist right away, so you can avoid tooth loss and permanent damage to your teeth and gums.
* Redness — This is the first sign you will notice. Normal gum tissue should be a healthy pink, not red.
* Swelling — Swelling will occur, making the gum tissue around the teeth appear puffy.
* Pus and bleeding — You may notice this type of drainage seeping around the teeth.
* Pain — As the infection progresses, you will notice pain and pressure in your gums.
* Foul breath — As the gum tissue becomes more infected, your breath will smell foul.
If you have any of these signs, you should seek dental care from Advanced Dental Sedation. The sooner you are treated, the better the chances of you avoiding tooth loss. With antibiotic treatment, most people can recover from this condition. Contact Advanced Dental Sedation and make an appointment today so they can care for your teeth and gums and keep them as healthy as possible.