The top ten most commonly performed cosmetic dental procedures
A Cosmetic Dentist in Houston knows that it is important for you to feel confident about your smile. That is why there are so many wonderful techniques to give you a bright, confident and healthy smile. Here are the ten most common dental procedures performed by cosmetic dental care providers:
1. Bleaching or whitening of teeth. This procedure is done to eliminate stains and discolorations on your teeth at a much more intense level than products that can be purchased over the counter. The results also generally last longer as one of the methods used also involves a tiny, controlled laser beam.
2. Dental implants. A more natural feeling alternative to traditional dentures, implants are used to replace missing teeth and are attached directly to your jaw bone. These dental appliances not only look and feel more comfortable than dentures but tend to last longer and you don’t have to worry about them falling out.
3. Dental bonding is used to repair broken or crooked teeth. All-natural clay like material is applied to your teeth and hardened with a specially designed light. This type of repair is good for teeth that have been affected by injury.
4. Porcelain veneers are used to achieve a bright, shiny smile. These fixtures are excellent for people who have heavily stained or discolored teeth that can’t be repaired with whitening techniques. This procedure, when performed by an expert cosmetic dentist in Houston, TX can completely change the look of your teeth. This procedure is also good for correcting damaged teeth that have slight chips or cracks.
5. Composite fillings are blended in different shades of white so that they are not so highly visible. Unlike metal fillings for cavities that are generally used for back teeth, composite fillings are excellent for repairing cavities in front teeth.
6. Dental bridges are used to eliminate the flat look that is caused by missing teeth. These partial dental plates are connected to a crown in your teeth and generally help fill in the gap for one or two missing teeth. The bridge is designed to look very natural.
7. Dental contouring is used to straighten or align crooked or overlapping teeth. This relatively painless procedure is ideal for people with misshapen teeth.
8. Cosmetic gum surgery is a process that helps repair the effects of receding gum lines or excessive gum lines. Either condition can be painful. In the case of receding gum lines, tissue is grafted to replace missing gum tissue and in the case of excessive gum lines, the gums are trimmed. Both methods help in prevention of gum disease.
9. Custom dentures are one of the oldest and most common types of cosmetic dentistry. When a person is missing most or all of his teeth, one would generally have a set of dentures fitted. This simple yet relatively inexpensive way makes it easy to have a great smile.
10. Accelerated orthodontics is one of the fastest ways to achieve perfectly aligned teeth. Compared to traditional braces that must be worn for about two years, this procedure only takes about 6 months. This is a radical procedure but has excellent results.